Language groups at SPEAK have two different levels -- Basic and Conversational -- that take into account the previous knowledge participants have of the language they want to learn/practice.
The Basic level
Basic language groups are for participants who are learning a language for the first time. Buddies leading these language groups will use a second language to help you learn.
At a Basic language group, you will:
- Learn the basics of the vocabulary, alphabet and grammar.
- Get to know day-to-day sentences and expressions.
- Participate in sessions that mix practical materials with fun games.
The Conversational level
Conversational language groups are for participants who already understand the basics of the language and want to improve it. Buddies leading these language groups will mostly communicate in the language they are sharing.
At a Conversational language group, you will:
- Communicate only in the language you are learning.
- Expand your vocabulary and knowledge.
- Boost your confidence in talking with native speakers.
- Practice giving opinions and debating.