Of course – one of the benefits of having a diverse team is having easy access to amazing traditional recipes. Here’s ours for Carbonara (by our Italian team member who’s an expert):
Ingredients (for 4 people):
- ½ Onion
- 3 Eggs
- 200g Bacon (or Guanciale)
- 500g Pasta spaghetti or mezzemaniche rigate (suggested brands: Barilla, Garofalo, Rummo – we don’t receive a commission!)
- 40g Pecorino cheese
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Put the eggs into a bowl, add the Pecorino cheese, season with pepper and salt, then mix well with a fork and put to one side.
- Cook the spaghetti in a large pan of boiling salted water until al dente.
- Slice the onion and put it in a medium frying pan with the oil, then add the Bacon (or Guanciale) and let it cook for 10 minutes.
- Once the pasta is ready, put it in a pan and mix the Bacon (or Gunaciale) over low heat. Add the mix of eggs, stir everything and let it cook until the consistency looks appealing.
😋 Buon Appetito!